I'm sure you are already aware of the dangers of pesticides that you keep in your home.
You know that the stuff is TOXIC! It even says exactly that on the label. After all, the U.S. government requires companies to warn us of their products' dangers.
So wouldn't the government warn us if the pesticides in food were dangerous to our health and immune system?
Our government is allowing us to be exposed to these chemicals until there is undeniable proof that they are hurting us.
That's always been the policy. Nice of them to care so much (for the large corporations, that is!).
Just look at DDT as a prime example. Our government said that this chemical was safe up until the very day that the EPA banned its use! Simply a disgrace…
So it is up to us as consumers to learn about the risks of pesticides in food.
There is growing consensus in the scientific community that the dangers of pesticides found on our food are all too real. Even very low levels of these chemicals are adversely affecting our health.
Sadly, it is also well established that fetuses and children are especially prone to the harmful effects of pesticides, where exposure can result in long-lasting health issues.
With a lot of evidence piling up, why is the government not stepping in to regulate these toxic chemicals?
First, the government is slow to do ANYTHING!
Second, it is really hard to prove that these pesticides are causing harm beyond a shadow of a doubt - which is what the government wants before taking action.
Even more screwed up is this - The government only requires regulatory agencies to test really high doses of chemicals for obvious toxic effects.
Perhaps like dropping dead after consumption, or growing an extra pair of legs...
Okay, so those two examples are a little bit sarcastic. But the truth is that there is very little, if any, testing done by these agencies to determine low level dangers of pesticides. And in most cases, studies done by other labs are showing that consumers should be concerned.
Another reason for these chemicals receiving a "free-pass" is that is it incredibly difficult to pin down one toxin as causing a certain health condition. We as humans are contaminated with all kinds of different chemicals - isolating and blaming just one is no small task.
It is also important to note that sometimes individual chemicals tested separately will cause no apparent health problems, but when they combine with others (say in your body) there can be a health risk.
The dangers of pesticides are obvious. Quite simply, they are meant to be toxic.
Their one and only purpose is to kill things - whether it be insects, rodents, or anything else that we classify as a pest.
It makes sense that even low levels of these chemicals, consumed over a long period of time, will have harmful effects on our health.
It's best to be proactive and limit your pesticide exposure any way you can.
Organic foods are an excellent way to limit the harmful effects of pesticides. Although these foods are not completely free of pesticide residue (we're a polluted planet, after all), they have substantially less than their conventional competitors.
Dec 17, 16 04:19 PM
My Symptoms are: Symptoms started two weeks after unprotected sex with a worker: Burning during urination Redness in urethra Month later: Heart palpitations,
Dec 17, 16 04:00 PM
I am having a ligament reconstruction, tendon interposition surgery. My doctor has advised me to start taking 5000 mg of Vitamin C per day. Why would this
Subscribe to my FREE newsletter: