Essential Oil Recipes for Feet
Recipe One: Dry and Cracked Skin
- Tablespoon coarse oatmeal
- 1 tblspn cornmeal
- 1 tblspn raw sugar
- Dried peppermint leaves
- 1 tblspn yogurt
- Lemon juice
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops Lemon essential oil
Mix all together to form a paste. Rub this mixture over the entire foot, paying particular attention to the heel and sides when the skin is harder.
For tough or dry soles regularly use a pumice stone and follow with a moisturizer over your whole foot.
Recipe Two: Cracked Skin
- 1 tspn Sweet almond oil
- 1 tspn Jojoba oil
- 1 tspn Avocado oil
- 3 drops Vertiver essential oil
- 3 drops Patchouli essential oil
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil
Mix together the carrier oils and then add the essential oils. Rub this mixture over the cracked skin.
Recipe Three: Sore
- 10 drops Black Pepper essential oil
- 10 drops Lime or Lemon essential oil
- 10 drops Marjoram essential oil
- 20mls Sweet Almond Oil
- 5ml Wheatgerm oil
- 5ml Avocado oil
Mix these all together and store in a blue or amber bottle. Rub over the whole foot after a warm shower or bath. Do this regularly if this is a real problem or use as needed.
Recipe One: Pampering
- Total of 5 drops of your choice of Lavender, Calendula, Tagetes, Chamomile, Geranium or Peppermint
Put some hot water in a large foot bowl with some pebbles. Add the oils and soak your feet for a few minutes.
The aroma will drift upwards and relax you all over.
Peppermint is refreshing, Tagetes and Calendula are good for corns.
Lavender and Chamomile are great for tired feet and Geranium improves circulation.
Recipe Two: Sweaty
- 3 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 1 teaspoon Soya oil
Soak in a footbath with hot water in which the Lemongrass has been added.
Soak for at least 5 minutes. Dry and then gently massage in a combination the above ingredients.
Recipe Three: Tired
A common complaint for anyone who spends a lot of time standing or walking. Or maybe too much shopping!
Get a hot water footbath ready and add a couple of drops of each or one of the following essential oils:
- Lavender or
Soak in this bowl for at least 10 minutes and feel the tiredness melt away. Just wonderful!
Recipe One: Smelly
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 drops Sage essential oil
- 2 drops Tea Tree essential oil
Mix together in a sealable plastic bag. Allow the powder to dry and then break up the powder between your hands or a rolling pin.
Dust your feet with this powder before putting on socks. Also dust some in your shoes overnight, but remember to wipe it out before use.